bookbivore

Bookbivore

I have books for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The not so perfect perfect summer

Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson

Synopsis:

It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.

On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?

Apple picking at night? Okay, easy enough.

Dance until dawn? Sure. Why not?

Kiss a stranger? Um…

Emily now has this unexpected summer, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected), to check things off Sloane’s list. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go skinny-dipping? Wait…what?

Review:

Ok, Since you’ve been gone… Let’s star with the obvious, the one thing everyone thinks whey they hear about this book. “Since you’ve been goooooone, I can breath for the first time” - Miss Kelly Clarkson. Now that this is out of my system, lets talk about books.

At the beginning I have to confess, it was a little boring and pathetic. A 17 year old that her only friend is her whole world and when she left without saying anything her world falls apart. Ok, is worse than breaking up with a boyfriend. And because of this I used to fall asleep each time a read 10 new pages. Fortunately, I followed my 100 pages before quitting rule, because after that I really started to enjoy the book. And of course, falling in love with Frank Porter (yes, you have to say the name last name thing).

After they started getting involve to complete the list, everything got interesting. Her new friendships, the adventures, the time they spent together, everything… It was fun, romantic, exciting, everything. So, I approve this book hahaha. So, go, take it, and read it. And of course, tell me about it because I want to know what you think.