bookbivore

Bookbivore

I have books for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

SPOILER ALERT!

We all like a good love story

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith

Synopsis:

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Review:

Falling in love at first sight? I don't know if I believe in that, but of course I want to. Is exciting, funny, full of emotions and hope. This is what happens to Hadley when she meets Oliver, and let me tell you something, in her place, same thing would happen to me. Meeting a man with an english accent who is funny and handsome, and that will travel next to me in an airplane for 7 hours... sing me for that. Of course a lot of other things happened, that her father's wedding, and his father's funeral... To different states of life, two different man, and their kids with sad hearts that where perfect to make each other feel better about the situations.

It was funny to read, fast and a loveable story. I enjoyed it, I'm a sucker for love stories, so this I liked... please, give me more. Of course is not the greatest love story, more passionate, or excited... but it was true love, a lot like we could feel and have in real life. It was honest, with flaws, but full of hope and a happy ending. Now is your turn... Do you believe in love at first sight?